A Little Preventative Maintenance Goes a Long Way
Your car can easily overheat, especially during the scorching hot summer days. There are several reasons why your vehicle overheats. It always pays to give your car the best preventative maintenance, so that your vehicle is always in full functioning order on the road. You should never hesitate to bring your car into a garage, if you notice smoke coming from under the hood, or if you smell a foul odor from your engine. These are all signs that indicate to overheating and engine problems. Here are the top reasons why your car overheats:
- Cooling System Issues – One of the main reasons for overheating is a leak in your vehicle’s cooling system. If your vehicle is losing coolant there will not be enough left in the vehicle to keep it cool. You should always be aware of leaks in the most common places like around hoses and around the welds of your radiator.
- Thermostat Issues – Another good reason for your vehicle overheating is a stuck thermostat. It can stick or freeze in the closed position blocking the flow of coolant to your engine.
- Faulty Water Pump – The water pump is a vital part of your cooling system since it is responsible for circulating coolant through your engine. With a faulty water pump your vehicle will not run for more than a few minutes without overheating.
- Clogged Radiator – Your radiator can accumulate deposits of rust and debris through time, which can clog it, and cause overheating as a result. That’s why it’s always important to change your radiator fluid on a regular basis.
- Defective Cooling Fan – There are two types of fans, electric and mechanical. The electric fan should come on automatically once the vehicle reaches operating temperature or when the A/C is turned on. If it doesn’t you should have it replaced. You can also check for signs of leakage from the fan clutch. If you see any problems have it replaced.
At Emergency Towing, we have a state-of-the-art auto repair garage, and we can provide you all types of preventative maintenance services for your vehicle. We have a phenomenal team of mechanics that can quickly solve any overheating issue, and provide your vehicle with a complete inspection as well. We offer the most competitive rates, and give your car the 5-star treatment it deserves. We’ve managed to accumulate a long growing list of satisfied customer testimonials, which we’re always proud to show you. We’re confident you’ll like us. Don’t wait until your car overheats, bring it into our garage today!